Pineapple And Chicken Salad
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roast chicken||1 (Use Cold)|
|Canned pineapple rings||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Firm tomatoes||4 Small|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
1) Cook the rice in boiling salted water till tender, adding the corn for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
2) Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain thoroughly.
3) Trim celery heart and cut into 2 inch lengths.
4) Put into a large bowl with the celery leaves.
5) Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, discding the skin and bones.
6) Add to the bowl.
7) Drain the pineapple; chop three of the rings.
8) Quarter the tomatoes.
9) Add toamtoes to the bowl with the chopped pineapple, olives, rice and corn.
10) Mix together the oil, lemon juice, chives and seasoning.
11) Pour over the salad and toss lightly.
12) Chill for 30 minutes.
13) Wash and dry the lettuce and use to line a salad bowl.
14) Pile the salad into the center and garnish with the remaining pineapple rings and the hard-cooked egg quartered lengthwise.
15) Serve the salad with crusty bread.