Trail Mix Salad
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shelled sunflower seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Broken cashews/Use chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a pan boil water and add noodles, cooking oil and salt. Cook uncovered in Dutch oven for about 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Drain from the liquid and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
3) Put noodles back to the pot.
4) Add vinegar, second amount of cooking oil and sugar.
5) Stir until the sugar dissolves.
6) Pour the dressing over the noodles.
7) Toss to combine.
8) Stir in remaining ingredients.
9) Toss well to combine.
10) Transfer into a bowl to serve.