Zucchini Radish Salad
|Zucchini||6 Ounce, cut into very long thin julienne strips (Use 1 Medium Sized)|
|Radishes||16 , cut lengthwise into 1/16-inch julienne strips|
|Safflower oil/Other flavorless vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely cracked pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, place zucchini and radishes.
2) Pour in ice water and crisp the vegetables for 15 minutes.
3) Drain thoroughly and pat dry on paper towels.
4) In a salad bowl, place the vegetables.
5) Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss well.
6) Serve the salad at once by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Calories 16 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.78 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69.9 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 0.69 g1.4%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet