|Iceberg lettuce head||1|
|Watercress/Corn salad||2 Ounce|
|Belgian endive head||1|
|Hard cooked egg||1|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mixed herbs/1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Trim lettuce, watercress or corn salad and wash them.
2) Dry thoroughly.
3) Trim endive, wash and shred it.
4) Wipe and slice tomatoes.
5) Shell hard-boiled eggs and quarter them.
6) Peel onion and finely slice it.
7) Cut cheese into thin matchstick strips.
8) In a salad bowl, arrange lettuce leaves, scatter the endive over and arrange corn salad or watercress in the center.
9) Arrange tomatoes, eggs and onion on top of lettuce with the olives.
10) Sprinkle cheese strips over top of salad.
11) In a bowl, put the oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper, to make dressing and mix well together.
12) Pour over salad just before serving and toss.
13) Serve the Gouda salad as a hearty dish in your main course.