Marinated Cucumber Salad
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, very thinly sliced crosswise|
|Onions||2 Small, halved and thinly sliced crosswise|
|Distilled white vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a medium nonreactive bowl, arrange the cucumbers and onions in a layer. Place aside.
2) In a small nonreactive saucepan, add vinegar and whisk by adding brown sugar and salt.
3) Stir in coriander seeds, allspice berries, cloves, cinnamon stick and 1/4 cup of water.
4) Place over moderate heat and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Drizzle in the hot dressing over the cucumbers and onions.
6) Place a plate on top to weigh down the salad and place inside refrigerator for minimum of 6 hours or preferably overnight.
7) Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.