Bean And Cheese Salad
|Dried white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed and drained|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cover the beans with water and bring the pan to high boil. Boil this for 2 minutes.
2. Cover the pan and let the pan rest for one hour. Cook again till the beans are done.
3. Drain, cool and chill
4. In a large bowl, tip in the beans, onions, green pepper, celery and cheese and mix well
5. In another bowl, place the mayonnaise and mix it with vinegar and mustard.
6. Add this to the bean mixture, mix and chill
7. Serve cold