Pasta Salad with Chicken Shrimp and Melon
|Elbow macaroni/Other medium size pasta shape||1⁄4 Pound (110 gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chicken fillets||10 Ounce (300 gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Small shrimp||10 Ounce, cooked , peeled and deveined (300 gram)|
|Finely sliced celery||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Mayonnaise||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Plain yogurt||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Cream||45 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Chopped fresh dill||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, cook the pasta in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
2) In a large salad bowl, transfer the pasta and stir in a little olive oil.
3) Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper to taste.
4) In a frying pan, saute the chicken in butter, until golden. Allow to cool, then slice into strips and add into the salad bowl.
5) With a melon bailer, scoop out the honeydew melon flesh and add into the salad bowl along with the shrimp and celery.
6) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, cream, chili sauce, dill and gin together and season with the salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
7) Pour over the salad, toss lightly to coat, then cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour or more.
8) Serve the Pasta Salad with Chicken Shrimp and Melon, chilled on individual serving plates.
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.4%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 727.5 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.6%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet