Bean And Pasta Salad
|Pennette/Any other smack hollow pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked cannellini beans/Any small white beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced (thin)|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, cut into wedges|
|Black olives||2 Ounce (small size)|
|Fresh oregano leaves||4 (for garnish)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Finely chopped fresh oregano/Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Add pennette to boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again, and place in a large salad bowl. Add a little oil, stir, and allow the pasta to cool.
2. Mix in beans, celery, olives, tomatoes, and onions.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a jar and shaking well to combine thoroughly.
4. Add dressing to the salad, season with salt and pepper, and toss well for even coating.
5. Allow the salad to chill, covered, until served.
6, Divide the chilled Bean and Pasta Salad equally among 6 chilled salad plates, garnish with oregano leaves, and serve.