Mixed Braised Salad with Goat Cheese
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Ounce, shelled and broken into pieces|
|Crisp bacon slices||2 , crumbled|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), thoroughly washed and drained, torn into bite size pieces|
|Torn boston lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn bibb lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn red leaf lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Torn green leaf lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chevre||1 Ounce, crumbled (French goat cheese)|
1) In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil.
2) To the skillet, add the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Over medium heat, cook this mixture for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir as required in between.
4) Now, add the nuts, bacon, vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
5) Bring this mixture to a boil, cooking for about a minute. Stir constantly as you cook.
6) Now, add the spinach and lettuce. Mix well.
7) Cook, covered for 2 to 3 minutes, until the leaves are wilted.
8) Serve the Mixed Braised Salad in a serving platter, topped with cheese.
Calories 64 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 40.5 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 53.5% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet