Jellied Tomato Ham Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Green pepper strips||10|
|Minced cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad dressing||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
1. Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. In a pan of water simmer tomatoes, onion, sugar and seasonings for 5 minutes, mix with gelatin and stir until dissolved.
3. Into a quart measure or pitcher pour after cooling it but do not allow to harden.
4. Lightly oil 5-cup ring mold and arrange almond halves alternating with green-pepper strips in bottom of mold.
5. Over almonds and green pepper pour a little tomato mixture almost to cover them and chill until firm.
6. With remaining tomato mixture fill mold and chill again until firm.
7. Mix remaining ingredients and press on firm tomato layer.
8. Chill, unmold and serve with desired garnish.