Warm Caesar Salad
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 , drained, mashed|
|Torn romaine lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Onion garlic flavored croutons||1 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce|
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the lemon juice, eggs, anchovies, pepper and salt.
2) With a fork, beat well till all the ingredients have combined together.
3) Add the lettuce and toss well to coat. Set aside.
4) Heat the oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet.
5) Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, frequently stirring, till the garlic is golden in color (about 30 seconds of cooking).
6) Add the lettuce mixture and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, till the moisture has all evaporated.
7) Add the cheese and croutons. Stir well to combine.
8) Serve the salad immediately, while it is still hot. Makes a good and nutritious appetizer.