Perfect Chicken Salad
|Roasting chicken||6 Pound, quartered (1 Chicken)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Homemade)|
|Toasted walnut halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook the chicken till tender. Add the onion to the water along with the cloves, celery, and the parsley.
2. When the white meat is cooked, shred the meat from the bone. The dark meat takes a longer time to cook so leave it in the pot till it is completely tender.
3. Cool the chicken and remove the skin
4. Cut the white meat into long pieces and dice the black meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Tip the meat into a bowl and add the mayonnaise into the bowl and mix well.
6. On a salad plate, place the lettuce leaves on one side and the crisp sliced cucumber on the other side.
7. Spoon the chicken on the pan and cover with the mayonnaise.
8. Garnish with capers and walnuts and serve cold with tiny buttered rolls, a fruit tart and chilled white wine