Bistro Chicken Salad
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||4 Pound (4 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Refrigerated honey mustard dressing and dip||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Crushed homestyle sourdough cheese croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Torn mixed salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs), bite size pieces|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange slice||4 (For Garnish)|
|Edible flower||4 (For Garnish)|
1. To bread the chicken, dip each piece into dressing, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl
2. Place on crumbs, pat lightly to form even coating, turn and coat other side.
3. Repeat with the remaining chicken portions.
4. Arrange breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until coating is crisp and golden and chicken is cooked and tender.
6. In the meantime, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice and peel with remaining dressing.
7. Heat on low flame, stirring constantly.
8. When cooked, slice the baked chicken into thick strips.
9. Line 4 salad plates with salad greens.
10. Arrange strips of 1 chicken breast half on each.
11. Spoon the dressing over the chicken and salad greens.
12. Garnish with orange slices and edible flowers, if you like.
13. Serve the Bistro Chicken Salad immediately.
Calories 1297 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg87.7%
Sodium 1271.8 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 118 g236.4%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 40.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet