Seafood Salad With Watercress Red Pepper And Fresh Herbs
|Extra virgin olive oil||13 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Large, minced|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|Shelled deveined shrimp||1 Pound (Medium)|
|Cleaned squid||1 Pound, sliced into 1/4 inch rings, large tentacles cut in half (Small)|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled, seeded and minced. juice reserved|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, chopped (2 Tablespoon Liquid From The Jar)|
|Chopped fresh dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Curly)|
|Red bell peppers||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Celery ribs||2 Large, finely diced|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), large stems removed, torn into bite size pieces|
1) Use a large nonreactive saucepan, to heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil over high heat.
2) SautÃ© the shallots and 3 of the minced garlic cloves.
3) Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened and translucent.
4) Increase the heat to high, and pour in white wine to bring a boil.
5) Fold in scallops and cook for 1 minute.
6) Use a slotted spoon, to transfer the scallops on a large shallow dish or platter to cool.
7) Put the shrimp in the same saucepan and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until opaque.
8) Remove the shrimp to the platter to cool.
9) Next add the squid to the saucepan and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until tender.
10) Remove to the platter to cool.
11) Boil the shellfish poaching liquid until syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
12) In a medium bowl, pour in the liquid.
13) Stir in remaining 4 minced garlic cloves, the tomato and its juice, the lemon juice, capers and their liquid, dill, tarragon, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
14) Add 1/2 cup of olive oil in a thin stream to whisk and set aside.
15) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli for 10 minutes or until tender but still firm.
16) Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well.
17) Use a large bowl, to toss the fusilli with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to lightly coat.
18) Add the seafood, red peppers and celery.
19) Spread the dressing on top.
20) Add the watercress to toss and serve.
Steps 1-14 can be prepared one day in advance. Cover the seafood and dressing separately and place inside refrigerate.