Crunchy Chicken Salad
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh bean sprouts||3 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Celery rib||1 Large, cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , torn into bite size pieces|
|Chinese fried noodles||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Use a large shallow casserole or baking sheet to coat the bottom with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil.
3) Season the chicken breasts with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
4) Place the chicken in a single layer in the casserole and coat with oil by turning the breasts.
5) Place the casserole or baking dish inside the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, just until opaque throughout.
6) Allow the chicken to cool down at room temperature.
7) Shred the meat into bite-size pieces, with the help of your fingers.
8) In a large bowl, combine the chicken, bean sprouts, celery and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
9) In another small bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Combine thoroughly.
10) Spread this mixture over the chicken and toss to combine.
11) Place inside refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
12) In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken salad with lettuce, Chinese noodles and sesame seeds and serve.
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.7%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.1 mg42.7%
Sodium 1452.5 mg60.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 46 g91.8%
Vitamin A 176.2% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet