Red Berry Salad
|Egg white||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Red currant||225 Gram|
1. Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat slowly to dissolve the sugar. When dissolved, boil gently for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Brush the rim of a glass serving dish with egg white.
3. Place some castor sugar on a plate and turn the rim of the dish in this so that it looks frosted.
4. Cut the cherries in half, remove stones and place fruit in the dish.
5. Hull the strawberries and halve if necessary.
6. Prepare raspberries and string the redcurrants.
7. Add these to the dish and stir gently to mix the fruits.
8. Pour the cooled syrup over the fruit.
9. Chill well before serving.
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.76 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 41.6 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 124.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet