Spicy Beet Salad
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon (Preferably Low Sodium)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a mid sized saucepan, place the beet in water to cover and cook for about 45 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Squeeze the beets to remove the skins and slice off the tops.
4. Cut the beets into 1/2-inch slices and place in a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, mustard, and ginger.
6. Pour over the beets and toss to mix well.
7. Arrange the beets on a serving platter.
8. Sprinkle with the carrots, scallions, and parsley and serve.