Warm Chicken and Asparagus Salad
|Baby red potatoes||12 , cut into half|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||6|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Mixed greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon dill vinaigrette||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Large, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dill weed||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Radishes||6 , cut into rosettes (For Garnish:)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 ° F.
2. Take a large pot, add potatoes, fill with 2 inches water, cover, and steam for about half an hour or until potatoes turn tender.
3. Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large bowl,
4. Take the baking dish and arrange chicken in it. Season with salt and pepper; add wine, parsley, and basil. Bake the chicken for 30 minutes.
5. Divide each of the chicken breasts into 3 by making two diagonal cuts.
6. Blanch asparagus stems in boiling water, after cutting off 2 inches from its bottom, for 2 minutes or until the stems turn tender.
7. Transfer to a platter and allow to cool at room temperature.
8. Cut the stalk of cooled asparagus lengthwise.
9. In a large bowl, add all the dressing ingredients, and whisk thoroughly.
10. Take 6 salad plates and arrange 1/3 cup of mixed greens on each of the plate. Place 6 or 7 asparagus stalk pieces above lettuce, leaving spaces between each other, in such a way that it looks like a fan. Arrange 3 chicken pieces between the stalks.
11. Add half the dressing to potatoes and using a spoon, mix softly until potatoes are evenly coated.
12. Arrange 4 potatoes in asparagus middle; allow 1 tablespoon dressing to drizzle on the salad.
13. Serve immediately with a garnish of radish rosette.
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 465.7 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 32.4% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet