Wild Rice Salad
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned|
|Yellow pepper||1 , julienned|
|Scallions||2 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boston lettuce head||1|
|Crumbled feta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Boil water in a saucepan and add the rice and boil uncovered for about 35 minutes, or until the rice is tender and chewable.
2. Drain well and set aside.
3. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add the pine nuts and shake for about 2 or 3 minutes to toast the nuts well
4. In a large bowl combine together the toasted nuts, rice, green peppers, yellow peppers, scallions, garlic, basil, and thyme.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, and mustard.
6. Pour over the rice mixture and toss well to mix well.
7. On a bed of lettuce, arrange the salad.
8. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.