Lobster Salad On Artichokes
|Lemon||1 , halved crosswise|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Lobster meat||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, chilled, 1/2 inch pieces|
|Finely chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce||1 Medium, washed, dried and chilled|
1) Remove the stems and the outer leaves from all the artichokes. Discard the leaves and retain the flat central base.
2) Pick out the leaves till you find the inner yellow-green leaves. Slice the top 2/3 of the artichokes, so that only the bases remain.
3) With a knife, cut off the lower covering of the outer leaves and remove any rough edges off all the four base.
4) To avoid discoloration of the artichokes, rub lemon juice over them.
5) In a large pot of salted, simmering water, add in the artichokes. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Drain the artichokes and pat dry. Cool slightly.
6) Scoop out the inner fibers from the artichokes. Keep aside.
7)In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, mustard, cream, salt and pepper. Mix till smooth.
8) Next, add in the lobster meat into the filling. If needed, added more salt or pepper. Coat the lobsters with the filling well.
9) Fill the four hollow artichokes with equally distributed lobster salad.
10) On four side plates, arrange two lettuce leaves each.
11) Place an artichoke on each, in the centre.
12) Garnish the top of the lobster salad with chopped chives.