Chicory And Leek Salad
|Chicory||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||1 Pinch|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove the outside leaves of the chicory if necessary. Wash and cut into pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Trim off the green foliage from the leeks and discard or use for soup.
3. Wash the leeks thoroughly to remove all grit, especially in the layers.
4. Cut the leeks into thin slices and add to the chicory.
5. Skin, quarter and remove the seeds from the tomatoes; add to the leeks, etc.
6. Place the seasonings in a bowl with the mustard, blend in the oil and gradually whisk in the orange juice and vinegar. Mix well.
7. Toss the vegetables in the dressing.
8. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley just before serving.