Carrot Tomato Date Salad
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Carrots||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Dates||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1. Concasser the tomatoes, reserving the seeds and juice. Cut flesh into strips and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Put seeds and juice into pan with the oil, vinegar, seasoning and basil.
3. Boil 3-4 minutes until thick and syrupy, making about 2 tablespoons.
4. Strain, rubbing juices through the strainer into a bowl.
5. Peel and grate the raw carrots.
6. Chop the dates and mix them with the carrots, tomato strips and juices.
7. Add more seasoning if needed.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 123.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 588.5% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet