Bacon Pasta Salad
|Short macaroni||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lean streaky bacon||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|French dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Add the macaroni and stir. Return to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until just tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Prepare and chop the onion.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook gently.
5. Meanwhile, remove the rind from the bacon and cut into pieces, add to the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until the bacon is beginning to become crisp.
6. Drain the cooked macaroni, rinse in warm water to remove excess starch.
7. Place in a mixing bowl.
8. Drain the onion and bacon on kitchen paper and add to the macaroni.
9. Remove the skins from the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove seeds.
10. Add the tomatoes to the macaroni.
11. Mix the French dressing and garlic together and pour over the salad.
12. Toss lightly and turn into a salad bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley.
13. Serve with a green salad and warm rolls.