|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Peel and halve the cucumbers lengthwise, then cut crosswise and remove the seeds.
2) In a pan, boil the cucumbers in water with 3 tablespoons vinegar until transparent.
3) Drain thoroughly and sprinkle with the salt.
4) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the oil, until browned, Remove and keep aside.
5) Stir in the turmeric, sugar, pepper, and rest of the vinegar into the skillet
6) Pour over the cucumbers, toss lightly to coat and allow to
7) Garnish with the sauteed onions and garlic, then serve immediately.