Curried Chicken Salad
|Long grain rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 Ounce (1 Can, 227 Gram)|
|Cooked chicken||12 Ounce, cut into dice (350 Gram)|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Salted peanuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Canned red pimento||1 , canned|
1. Cook rice in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain well and refresh under cold water. Place in a bowl.
2. Place the seasoning and sugar in a bowl with the curry paste and blend in the egg yolk.
3. Gradually add the corn oil drop by drop until half has been added, then add some of the cider vinegar.
4. Continue until the oil and cider vinegar are used up which should give a thick mayonnaise.
5. Wash the pepper, remove the seeds and chop the flesh.
6. Add pepper to the mayonnaise.
7. Drain the pineapple well on kitchen paper; cut the pineapple into segments.
8. Add the pineapple and chicken to the mayonnaise.
9. Add the raisins to the rice with the nuts and red pimiento.
10. Arrange the rice mixture round the edges of a serving dish and pile the chicken mixture in the centre.
11. Serve with a tomato salad, sliced banana and mango chutney.