Wild South Sea Salad
|Pork tenderloin||1⁄2 Pound|
|Hoisin sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plum sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese chili sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Wild rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shiitake mushrooms||2 Ounce, stemmed, caps cut into thin julienne strips (Fresh)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cut into thin julienne strips|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Small, cut into thin julienne strips|
|Arugula||1 Bunch (100 gm), shredded|
|Coriander sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Fresh)|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
1) In a small baking dish, put the pork tenderloin.
2) In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by combining hoisin sauce, plum sauce, oyster sauce, honey, chili sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ginger and the garlic.
3) Spread this marinade all over the pork and let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°.
5) In a strainer, put the wild rice to rinse under cold running water; drain. Set aside.
6) Place the baking dish inside the oven and bake until the internal temperature measures 155°, 30 to 40 minutes.
7) Let cool completely.
8) Cut the meat into thin julienne strips about 2 by 1/8 inch.
9) In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
10) Stir in the wild rice and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
11) Simmer the liquid by reducing the heat to low until the rice grains are puffed and tender, about 45 minutes.
12) Drain and fluff with a fork or chopsticks. Let cool to room temperature and place inside refrigerator to chill completely.
13) In a small saucepan, pour in salted water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
14) Add the snow peas and cook until brightly colored and crisp-tender, 6 to 8 seconds.
15) Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain on paper towels and cut into thin julienne strips.
16) In a large serving bowl, combine the pork, wild rice, snow peas, mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, arugula and coriander. Toss to mix well.
17) In a small bowl, add vinegar, oil, shallot and remaining 1 tablespoon ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk thoroughly to prepare the dressing.
18) Pour the dressing all over the salad and toss to coat.