Triple Mustard Chicken Salad
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||8 Pound|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Pommery)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Extra Sharp)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery ribs||12 Large, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Mustard seeds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Watercress||5 Bunch (500 gm), tough stems removed (4 Large Bunch)|
1) In a large heavy pot, pour in enough cold salted water to cover the chicken by at least 1 inch.
2) Place the pot over moderate heat and bring the water to a simmer.
3) Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is juicy but no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
4) Remove and cut the chicken into 1-inch dice.
5) Use a medium bowl, to add mayonnaise, Pommery and Dijon mustards, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Whisk the ingredients to blend properly.
6) In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and mustard mayonnaise. Toss to coat well.
7) Use a medium skillet, to combine the mustard seeds and olive oil.
8) Place over moderate heat to cook by covering and shaking the pan for 1-2 minutes, until the seeds begin to pop, 1 to 2 minutes.
9) Immediately remove from the heat. Continue shaking the pan until the seeds are toasted and fragrant and have stopped popping.
10) Scrape the mustard seeds and oil over the salad and fold to combine.
11) Use a large serving bowl or a platter to transfer the salad at the center. Place the watercress along the edge. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Steps 1-4 can be prepared in 1 day advance. Cover and refrigerate to store.
Calories 2277 Calories from Fat 1171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 604.7 mg201.6%
Sodium 1551.8 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 230 g461%
Vitamin A 101.8% Vitamin C 144.6%
Calcium 66% Iron 76.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet