Summer Fruit Salad
|Finely shredded lime peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nectarines||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into wedges|
|Plum||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into wedges|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (Red / Green Ones)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a small mixing bowl, mix the honey, lime peel, and lime juice.
2) With an electric mixer (medium speed), beat this mix adding salad oil to it thin steady stream until mixture is thick.
3) Then, beat in the poppy seed, and cover it and leave it to chill for 2 to 24 hours.
4) From the honeydew melon, scoop out melon balls.
5) Combine melon balls, the cup of peaches/nectarines, plums, and grapes in a serving bowl (holding about 6 cups).
6) Cut the cantaloupe with a shell-shaped melon bailer or cut into very thin strips and then add it to the previously chilled fruit mixture.
7) Spread dressing over all the fruit; if required, toss fruit lightly for better mixing
8) Garnish with grape leaves before serving (if desired).
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23.4 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet