Wine Drenched Potato Salad With White Wine Vinaigrette
|Small red potatoes||3 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Including Some Of The Green Tops)|
|Finely minced parsley||9 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 1/4 Cup)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Minced green bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sliced radishes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and diced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|For white wine vinaigrette|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|White sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Prepare the White Wine Vinaigrette. Place the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Close the lid, and shake vigorously to blend.
2. Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender; do not overcook. Drain the potatoes.
3. When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel them. Halve the potatoes and then cut into 3/8-inch half-rounds. Place the potatoes in a large bowl and pour the wine and 1/2 cup of the White Wine Vinaigrette over them and toss gently. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. When the potatoes have cooled, add the scallions, 1/3 cup of the parsley, the celery, the 1/2 cup diced green pepper and the salt. Pour up to 1/2 cup of the remaining vinaigrette over the potatoes to moisten them (the amount needed will vary according to the moisture content of the potatoes). Add the radishes and cucumber. Gently toss the salad, cover it, and refrigerate for an hour or so or until completely chilled.
5. Place the tomatoes in a shallow bowl and pour 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette over them. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
6. Give one final, gentle toss to the salad. Arrange the marinated tomatoes around the outside edge of the bowl. Sprinkle the 1/3 cup minced green pepper over the center of the salad and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup parsley over the marinated tomatoes. Serve cold.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 662.1 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 93.9% Vitamin C 259.3%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet