Crab And Avocado Salad With Coriander Tomatillo Vinaigrette
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots||2 Large, minced|
|Sole fillets||1⁄2 Pound, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips|
|Fresh tomatillos||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Grated lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cilantro)|
|White wine vinegar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Tomato||1 Large, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lump crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound, picked over to remove any cartilage|
|Avocados||2 Large, cut lengthwise in half and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick (Preferably Hass)|
1. In a small saucepan, bring the wine and half of the minced shallots to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the sole and simmer until just opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sole to a plate and set aside at room temperature to cool. Place the sole in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Boil the poaching liquid over high heat until it is reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Pour the poaching liquid into a shallow bowl and let cool in the refrigerator.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining minced shallots, the tomatil-los, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, coriander and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and the chilled poaching liquid.
4. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, lettuce and 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette and toss. In another bowl, gently combine the chilled sole, crabmeat and the remaining vinaigrette.
5. Arrange the sliced avocados on the outer rim of each of 4 plates. Dividing equally, place the lettuce mixture in the center. Spoon the crab-sole mixture over the lettuce, pouring any excess vinaigrette over the avocados.