Peanuts And Mushrooms Salad
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (2 Cups)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium low fat milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce head||1 , torn into bite-size pieces about 5 cups|
|Unsalted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped and dry-roasted|
|Curry powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a non-metal bowl, combine the mushrooms and lemon juice.
2) Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
3) In a bowl, combine the milk, fructose, curry powder, onion powder and white pepper.
4) Using a wire whisk, mix well, until the mix acquires a creamy consistency.
5) Gradually add the oil and beat.
6) Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
7) Just before serving, toss together the Boston lettuce, sliced mushrooms and dressing.
8) Onto 6 chilled salad plates, divide the salad mixture.
9) Over each serving, sprinkle chopped peanuts and serve fresh.