Pink Party Salad
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Apples||2 Medium, diced|
|Raw beets||3 Medium, peeled, shredded|
|Farmers cheese||1⁄2 Pound, diced (Unsalted, 2 Cups)|
|Lettuce head||1 Large, finely chopped to make 8 cups|
|Red cabbage leaves||4|
|Unsweetened applesauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare the curried applesauce dressing combining all the ingredients, except the corn oil in a bowl.
3) To this, gradually add the corn oil. Mix well. Use 3/4 cup of the dressing for this recipe. Refrigerate the rest in an air-tight container for use later.
4) On a cookie sheet, place the almonds.
5) Heat in the oven for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until the almonds turn golden brown. Do not burn the almonds. Keep aside.
6) In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except the cabbage leaves. Toss well to mix.
7) On 4 chilled salad plates, arrange the cabbage leaves.
8) Onto the leaves, evenly divide the salad.
9) On each salad, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the toasted almonds.
10) Serve fresh. This is a perfect salad for a party.
Calories 1323 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg6.2%
Sodium 893.9 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.2%
Dietary Fiber 63.6 g254.6%
Sugars 122.5 g
Protein 50 g99.9%
Vitamin A 668.8% Vitamin C 2426.1%
Calcium 122.2% Iron 127.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet