Garlic Shrimp Salad
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Green peppers||1 , chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 , peeled and grated|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large pan, pour the water, bay leaf, and salt and boil well.
2. Add the shrimp the hot water and cook for 8 minutes till done.
3. Drain cool and cut each shrimp into four sections
4. In a skillet, tip in the oil and heat it well
5. Add the shallots and the garlic to the pan and sautÃ© for 3 minutes.
6. Cool the mixture before adding the green peppers, apple, peanuts, soy sauce and the coconut milk.
7. Pour this mixture over the shrimp and chill for one hour
8. Serve cold
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 1161.1 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet