Coriander Swordfish Salad With Jicama And Thin Green Beans
|Fresh coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cilantro, Packed For Measuring)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Large, stemmed but not seeded|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||To Taste|
|Swordfish steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
|Thin green beans||1 Pound|
|Jicama||1 Pound, peeled and cut into thin julienne strips|
|Red onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small baking dish, toast the pine nuts in the oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
2. Grate the zest from the limes. Squeeze the limes to extract their juice. In a food processor or blender, combine 1/4 cup of the pine nuts with the coriander, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt and black pepper; puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add hot pepper sauce to taste.
3. Place the swordfish in a nonreac-tive baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Let marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°. Bake the swordfish until just opaque throughout, about 15 minutes; let cool. Remove and discard the skin. Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes.
5. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water; drain well.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together the green beans, jicama and red onion. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss well. Spoon the salad onto 4 plates. Arrange the swordfish cubes on top and garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons pine nuts and the tomato strips. Pass the remaining dressing separately.
Calories 800 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.4%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg22.5%
Sodium 408.3 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 37 g73.2%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet