Tuna Delight Salad Mould
|Canned pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce, crushed, drained, reserve syrup (1 Can)|
|Lime flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Few Grains)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 Can)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
1) To prepare pineapple layer, in a bowl add enough water to reserved pineapple syrup to measure 1/2 cup liquid.
2) Keep aside.
3) In a bowl add lime-flavored gelatin.
4) Pour boiling water over it and stir until dissolved.
5) Mix pineapple liquid and lemon juice thoroughly.
6) Chill the mixture until lightly thick.
7) Fold in pineapple and cucumber.
8) Take a 9X5 x 3-inch loaf pan and transfer the mixture into it.
9) Chill the mixture until almost firm.
10) To prepare tuna layer, in a small bowl pour cold water.
11) Sprinkle unflavored gelatin evenly over it.
12) Keep aside.
13) Beat eggs with a rotary beater in the top of a double boiler.
14) Stir in evaporated milk, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, monosodium glutamate, and cayenne pepper.
15) Keep over simmering water and stir constantly until mixture lightly thickens.
16) Take off from heat.
17) Transfer immediately into the thickened gelatin.
18) Stir the mixture until gelatin dissolves.
19) Let stand for sometime until cool.
20) Chill the mixture until it begins to gel.
21) When gelatin thickens, mix mayonnaise, tuna, celery, and green pepper.
22) Beat egg whites until rounded peaks forms.
23) Gently fold egg whites into gelatin mixture.
24) As the pineapple layer in pan sets, spoon it on the tuna mixture.
25) Refrigerate until firm.
26) To serve unmold on a chilled serving plate
27) Garnish with lettuce and Cream Cheese Pineapples.
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69 mg23%
Sodium 456.5 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet