Potato Salad A L'Orange With Sweet Peppers
|Red bell peppers||2 Pound|
|Small red potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Broil the peppers about 3 inches from the heat, turning, until blackened all over, 15 to 20 minutes. Place them in a paper bag for about 10 minutes to loosen the skins. Peel off the blackened skins under running water.
2. Halve the peppers over a bowl to catch the juices. Remove the seeds, cores and ribs. Slice the peppers into strips about 2 by 1/2 inch. Strain and reserve 1 tablespoon of the juices.
3. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, peel if desired and cut into 1/4- to 3/8-inch-thick slices. Place in a large bowl.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, reserved pepper juices, black pepper and salt. Gradually whisk in the oil.
5. Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes. Add the roasted peppers, scallions and parsley and toss to mix.