Warm Salad Of Asparagus And Greens
|Asparagus||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced into rings|
|Fine herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried, crushed|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn (Bibb Or Boston)|
|Kale/Sorrel, torn - 1 1/2 cups||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
1) In a covered small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for about 7 to 9 minutes or until just tender.
2) Drain asparagus well.
3) In a medium saucepan, cook bacon until crisp, stirring frequently.
4) Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons fat drippings in saucepan.
5) Set bacon aside.
6) Cook onion in drippings until tender and translucent.
7) Stir vinegar, sugar, fines herbs, and salt into onion and drippings in saucepan.
8) Remove from heat.
9) Stir in asparagus, bacon, lettuce, kale or sorrel, and tomato; toss lightly to coat and serve.