Mussel And Red Bean Salad
|Mussels||3 Pound, scrubbed|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 Medium, minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red kidney beans||36 Ounce, drained, rinsed (2 Can)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. Soak the mussels in a bowl of cold salted water to remove any sand, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the shallots and saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the mussels, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels have opened, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the mussels from the pan with a slotted spoon. Discard any that have not opened. Increase the heat to high and boil the cooking liquid until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the mussels from their shells and place in a large bowl. Add the beans and toss.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper and 1/2 cup of the reduced mussel cooking liquid. Season with salt to taste. Pour the dressing over the beans and mussels, add the parsley and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Calories 1370 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg37.1%
Sodium 1109.1 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.1%
Dietary Fiber 39 g156%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 99 g197.5%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 75.4%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 173.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet