Creamy Avocado and Crab Salad
|Crab meat||750 Gram (fresh)|
|Roma tomatoes||3 Medium, sliced (firm and red)|
|Avocado||1 Medium, stoned|
|Green onions||2 Medium, chopped (fresh)|
|Basil leaves||4 Medium, chopped|
|Feta cheese||200 Gram, crumbled|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Sour cream||100 Gram|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Bottle (1 l) (to be used as required)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Bottle (1 l) (to be used as required)|
1. Chop the stoned avocado into small pieces.
2. Season both sides of the tomato slices with salt and pepper.
3. In a plate, lay the tomato slices in a single layer.
4. Chop the garlic clove and mix with a little salt. Mince this mixture,with the flat side of a knife.
5. In a bowl, mix the crab meat, chopped avocado,sour cream,half of the chopped basil leaves and chopped green onions.
6. Cover the bowl with a cling film and put it inside the refrigerator, to chill.
7. Cut the seasoned tomatoes into two halves and put them in a salad bowl.
8. Drizzle red wine vinegar and olive oil over the tomatoes.
9. Add the minced garlic, feta cheese and the remaining chopped basil to the tomatoes and toss the mixture , gently.
10. In a cake mold, fill the chilled crab mixture and press it in tightly, with the back of a spoon, for the desired shape to form.
11. In a serving platter, turn out the chilled crab salad and place the seasoned tomatoes around it.
12. Pour the residual liquid ,onto the tomatoes,as a dressing.
14. Serve the salad garnished with chopped green onions and cilantro leaves.
Calories 5758 Calories from Fat 5118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 555 g854.5%
Saturated Fat 60.3 g301.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115 mg38.3%
Sodium 1291.1 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.3%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 89 g177.6%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 84.8%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet