Miner's Corn And Kidney Bean Salad
|Red kidney beans||30 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|White wine vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, add the kidney beans, corn, chopped onion and green pepper.
Mix well and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, add vinegar, water, sugar, red pepper. Let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Continue cooking for 1 more minute.
4) Take the saucepan off the flame and stir in the celery seeds.
5) Pour the red pepper dressing all over the beans and corn mixture. Toss lightly to mix.
6) Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for about 8 hours. Make sure to give the salad a stir in between to incorporate the flavors together.
7) Serve the Miner's Kidney Beans Salad chilled, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 23 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g92.6%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 14% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet