Cucumber Dill Cod Salad
|Skinless cod||1 Pound, cut (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Dill||2 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Horseradish||2 Tablespoon, prepared|
1. To prepare the fish thaw if frozen and measure its thickness.
2. In a large skillet combine water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and add fish.
3. Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4. With cover let it simmer until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
5. For each 14 inch thickness of fish let 4 to 6 minutes to cook.
6. Then drain the fish and set aside.
7. In a large bowl stir together the chopped cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, horseradish, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
8. Into the cucumber mixture gently stir the fish and chill with cover for about 4 to 6 hours.
9. To serve, line 4 dinner plates with lettuce leaves and place the fish mixture over them.