Curried Pasta and Chicken Salad
|Elbow macaroni||2 Ounce|
|Chicken||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Chopped cooked chicken||8 Ounce (1 1/2 cup)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cashews/Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cook the macaroni as per the package directions, drain and rinse under cold running water; then drain well.
2) In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta, chicken, apple, celery, and onion together.
3) In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, and salt together for the dressing.
4) Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.
5) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
6) Stir the cashews or peanuts into the pasta mixture.
7) Stir in the milk, if required, for the salad to acquire a creamy consistency.
8) Serve the salad in lettuce-lined bowls.
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.3 mg18.1%
Sodium 233.7 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 32 g63.6%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet