Green Beans Salad Nicoise
|Green beans||8 Ounce|
|Whole tiny new potatoes||12 Ounce, sliced|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, sliced|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar/White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Snipped fresh tarragon/1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Boston lettuce leaves/Bibb lettuce leaves||4|
|Salmon/Tuna||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Cooked flaked salmon/Tuna / 1 can, 9 1/4 ounce chunk white tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks||8 Ounce (1/4 cup)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Tuna chunks||9 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , cut into wedges|
|Eggs||2 , cut into wedges|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
1. To prepare the green beans wash them and if desired, remove ends and strings.
2. In a large covered saucepan or Dutch oven cook the green beans and potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until just tender.
3. Then drain and place them in a medium bowl.
4. With cover let them chill for 2 to 24 hours.
5. To make the dressing in a Tupperware Quick Shake container shake well applying seal and cap after adding the oil, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, dry mustard and pepper.
6. Line 4 dinner plates with lettuce leaves and arrange green beans, potatoes, salmon or tuna, tomatoes, hard-cooked eggs and olives if desired.
7. Sprinkle each serving with green onions and if desired, top with anchovy fillets and garnish with chervil.
8. Shake the dressing well, pour over salads and serve.
Calories 655 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 323 mg107.7%
Sodium 747.9 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet