Chicken Potato Salad
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Small new potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, pared|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Mustard dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (bottled, use more quantity if needed)|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Toasted chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, combine potatoes and chicken broth.
2. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender-cooked.
3. Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
4. When cool, slice the potatoes.
5. Add them to a large salad bowl along with remaining ingredients.
6. Add dressing and toss using two salad spoons until well mixed and all ingredients are coated with dressing.
7. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill well before serving.
8. Serve the salad on individual salad plates, in crisp lettuce cups, if you like.
Calories 1016 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.6 mg37.5%
Sodium 4271 mg178%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 195.8%
Calcium 20% Iron 38.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet