Chicken Salad Supreme
|Canned boned chicken||15 Ounce, drained and cubed (Or Use Home Cooked Chicken If You Like)|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Seedless grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe olives||4 , sliced|
|Pimiento||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted and slivered|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Pinch|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Endive||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm) (1 Small Bunch, For Serving)|
|Olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Handful, For Serving)|
1. In a salad bowl, combine chicken and celery.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice and toss.
3. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
4. Make the dressing in a small non-metallic bowl by blending together mayonnaise, with seasonings, allspice and capers. Whisk with a fork until smooth.
5. Refrigerate the dressing until required.
6. Just before serving, add grapes, olives, pimiento and most of the almonds, to the chicken.
7. Pour dressing over the salad and mix well, using two salad spoons to toss.
8. On 2 individual salad plates, make a bed of crisp endive.
9. Heap salad on each plate.
10. Garnish with remaining almonds and olives.