Chicken Cocktail Salad
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked chicken breasts||2 , diced (Whole)|
|Canned fruit cocktail||30 Ounce, drained and chilled (1 Can, 1 Pound 14 Ounce)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Curry powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. To make the dressing, in a large bowl combine mayonnaise or bottled salad dressing, cream or milk, lemon juice, nutmeg and curry powder. .
2. Whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
3. Add the chicken chunks and mix well
4. Cover and refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend well and to chill.
5. Just before serving add the drained fruit and almonds and toss well to mix.
6. Turn into a salad bowl or heap onto individual plates, lined with lettuce.
7. Serve immediately.