Salad with Warm Cheese Nuggets
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Whole wheat cracker crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 , diced|
|Torn salad greens||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Torn radicchio||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut 4 wedges or bite-size pieces out of the cheese and keep aside in a bowl or a container.
2. In bowl, combine oil, basil and garlic.
3. Add cheese, turning to coat all over, cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. Into cracker crumbs dip cheese to coat and reserve oil mixture.
5. Around edge of small pie plate arrange cheese and set aside.
6. In large bowl, toss together onions, red pepper, salad greens and radicchio.
7. In a bowl or a container whisk together oil mixture, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste and toss with salad greens and radicchio.
8. Microwave cheese at Medium (50%) for 20 to 45 seconds or just until top of cheese feels warm to the touch.
9. Serve salad topped with warm cheese.