Asparagus Salmon Salad
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Asparagus||3⁄4 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen, Whole)|
|Canned salmon/Leftover salmon||6 3⁄4 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a tight-lidded jar, add oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme and salt. Shake well to combine. Place the jar in the fridge to chill.
2) In a steamer, steam the asparagus stems for about 5 minutes until they become tender. Allow them to cool down.
3) On a salad plate, arrange the lettuce leaves.
4) Place the asparagus stems, flaked salmon and tomato wedges over the lettuce leaves.
5) Pour the chilled dressing over the salad.
6) Season with pepper.
7) Serve at room temperature.