Sweet And Sour Pasta Salad
|Corkscrew pasta||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), uncooked|
|Eggless corkscrew pasta||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Pineapple chunks||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned unsweetened pineapple chunks||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Frozen petite peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|For the dressing|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||2 Tablespoon, canned|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pineapple juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pot of salted, boiling water cook the pasta according to the packet directions until tender. Drain the pasta and keep aside.
2) Drain the canned pineapple chunks, keeping 2 tablespoons of the can juice aside for later use.
3) In a large serving bowl, add the cooked pasta, pineapple chunks, celery, peas, red pepper and green onion. Mix well. Keep aside.
4) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining mustard, honey, lemon juice, pineapple juice, olive oil, basil and garlic powder.
5) Pour the salad dressing over the pasta salad and toss well.
6) Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
7) Garnish the Sweet and Sour Pasta Salad with grate cheese. Serve chilled.