Pork and Cabbage Salad
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cubed|
|Potatoes||3 Medium (2 Cups Cubed)|
|Leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn|
|Red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Pork roast||8 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Lean pork roast||8 Ounce, cooked and cut into bite-size strips to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Thousand island dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan in a small amount of boiling water cook cubed potatoes covered for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
2. Draining the potatoes chill in a medium mixing bowl with cover for 4 to 24 hours.
3. In a large salad bowl combine leaf lettuce and cabbage and then toss lightly to mix adding potatoes, pork and peas.
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to coat.
5. Place on serving platters and serve alongside grilled meats or fish.
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97 mg32.3%
Sodium 406.1 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 137.9% Vitamin C 161.8%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet