Pork and Cabbage Salad
|Potatoes||3 Medium, cubed|
|Potatoes||3 Medium (2 Cups Cubed)|
|Leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), torn|
|Red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Pork roast||8 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Lean pork roast||8 Ounce, cooked and cut into bite-size strips to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Thousand island dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan in a small amount of boiling water cook cubed potatoes covered for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
2. Draining the potatoes chill in a medium mixing bowl with cover for 4 to 24 hours.
3. In a large salad bowl combine leaf lettuce and cabbage and then toss lightly to mix adding potatoes, pork and peas.
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to coat.
5. Place on serving platters and serve alongside grilled meats or fish.